Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Early in his career, Ahn Jae-hyun was advised to get plastic surgery because he was considered unattractive.


Headline: "Happy Together" Ahn Jae-hyun, "Before debuting as a model, I was told I was ugly and received suggestions for plastic surgery... The most common suggestion was for double eyelid surgery"

Subtitle on the image: "If they are looking for a strong model, they might not like you"


Park Jeong-min[his co-star in You Are All Surrounded] recently expressed in an interview with a media outlet about Ahn Jae-hyun, saying, "He is blessed with good hardware (physical appearance)."

Ahn Jae-hyun replied, "I think that friend (Park Jeong-min) is really handsome. He is really good-looking, so why doesn't he realize it? I think he is too harsh on himself. He is constantly self-deprecating. I have read the articles he wrote, and they are good. He is a smart and talented person, but he seems to be greedy. He is handsome, but he doesn't acknowledge it and keeps feeling dissatisfied with himself," he said.

When asked, "How do you feel about being complimented on your appearance, which people seem to like these days?" Ahn Jae-hyun responded, "I like it. Compliments are always welcome. I really like them," he said with a smile.

He continued, "I'm not particularly handsome, but I appreciate that people view me positively. The standard of handsomeness I have in mind includes seniors like Kang Dong-won, Won Bin, Hyun Bin, and Cha Seung-won," and revealed, "When I first debuted, I received numerous suggestions to undergo plastic surgery."

Ahn Jae-hyun added, "Back then, they suggested I should get everything from my eyes to my nose done. They said I should get double eyelid surgery and have my nose trimmed. That was about 5-6 years ago, but now looking back, I'm glad I didn't do it."


First image: I went to an academy
Second image: and received many plastic surgery suggestions!

He said that when he went to auditions in his debut days, he often heard people saying, 'Let's start with plastic surgery.' As appearance is a competitive factor in the profession, he had numerous apprehensions, but ultimately he did not agree to undergo plastic surgery. He believes 'everyone has their own charm.' He said, 'Eyes without double eyelids are good, a straight nose is good, and an asymmetrical face is good. Because when you show the left side of your face, you have a different face here, and when you show the right side, you have a different face here. When you look straight ahead, it may look a bit quirky or unique, but then I thought, 'Well, I have various images; you see one here and another there. I might catch someone's eye for a second or two at the very least.'

Ahn Jae-hyun then:

Ahn Jae-hyun now:


COMMENTS
Comments have no ratings.
- "Whether it's back then or now, he has a face that's high in demand. How can industry professionals lack so much foresight?"

- "Wow, from the first time I saw you in You Who Came From the Stars, I was captivated by your face. Who's that trying to push plastic surgery on you, seriously?"

- "Since his days as a delivery person, he's been known for his face. What nonse—who told you this?"

- "If he had gotten double eyelid surgery, his appearance might not have stood out. He would have had a more ordinary look. The 'I think I've seen him somewhere, but I can't remember who he is,' kind of look."

- "Back when he was just a delivery man, everyone used to say he was really handsome ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹."

- "Isn't the real issue more about acting ability rather than appearance ã…‹ã…‹"

- "Before getting used to the camera, most people are usually persuaded to consider plastic surgery. But ultimately, I'm glad he stuck with the natural face. It paid off well."

- "Oh... Handsome back then too, but I definitely feel like he's become cooler as he's aged."

- "Those eyes should never be altered for double eyelids; long, sharp eyes like that are too precious."

- "It seems like celebrities hear that kind of thing a lot."

Post a Comment

0 Comments